Monday, August 18, 2008

Dentist Trip

Well Ian just had his first trip to the dentist 2 weeks ago. He had a cavity in between his two front teeth for a while but I was saving up to take care of it because we had no insurance to pay for it. I have to say I feel really bad for letting it go as long as I did. What I thought would just be a filling turned out to be 2 root canals and caps for the front teeth. I was really hoping that Ian had not been cursed with soft teeth like Jason and Clara but I guess I was wrong. I don't know why my kids have such problems with there teeth but I guess there could be worse things for them to have. At 3 years old Ian was AMAZINGLY good! After his exam they told me what needed to be done and we decided to go ahead and do it that day. I was so proud of him. He just sat there in the dentist chair and let them fix his teeth. The dentist was very impressed with Ian. She said that even with the laughing gas they usually have to strap kids his age down so they can do the work. Ian followed every direction to keep his mouth open and didn't make a sound when they put all those shots in his mouth(this was before he was given the gas). He just amazed me! I still get a little tense when I have to have work done. I can't imagine what it would be like to have that much work done on your first trip to the dentist at 3 years old. Anyway, enough about how amazing he was, here are a few pictures from the day.

Here is Ian with his purple grape nose that they let him take home. He thought that was really cool.
Ian showing off all the fun stuff from his bag.

2 comments:

Rae said...

Aw...I love bubba!
He is so cute shi.

Well i just wanted to say thank you for your comment. Its nice to know that people actually like my writting, and dont just think it is dumb.

Sometimes when i write i just write about anything and everything that goes on in my head. So i wonder if it makes any sense to anyone other then me.

So to know that you think i have promise in this means alot to me!.

Well i absolutly love you to death!.

Tell the kids hi for me.

Aaron and Jen Budge said...

That is so crazy Jim said it was done before the wedding and I had no idea he had caps on his teeth. That is great. I love seeing new posts from you. I check everyday.